You’re going to have to do some regular repairs and maintenance on your home—it’s just a fact of home ownership. So that you’re not caught unprepared, it’s a good idea to keep a budget and set aside some funds for when the following repairs inevitably come up.
1. Light switches: Beyond your typical light bulb replacements, the wiring can occasionally go bad in a light fixture, causing it to be unresponsive when you turn the light on. An electrician can fix it quickly for around $100.
2. Gutter maintenance: Over time, the weight and weather will be too much for your gutters, causing them break away from the home and require fixing. It’s possible to fix them yourself, but it will typically cost up to $400 to have them fixed professionally.
3. Drywall repairs: It’s easier than you’d think to put a hole in your walls, especially if you bump them when moving furniture. It can cost up to $300 for professional repairs.
4. Running toilet: The moving parts and valves in a toilet can wear out over the years, and you’ll want to get it fixed quickly to save on water bills and keep your bathrooms usable. It’s about a two-hour job to fix for professional plumbers, and they charge up to $150 an hour, depending on your market.
5. Tile repairs: Tile goes through a lot of abuse, and it’s not just impact from heavy objects that can damage individual tiles—years of foot traffic will also cause damage. Repair costs can vary greatly because of the cost of individual tiles, but it’s good to set aside around $200.
Author:Rhonda Hall Phone: 405-820-1740 Dated: September 13th 2015 Views: 485 About Rhonda: ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
Trust eXp Realty and our team of real estate agents to help you find homes for sale or to sell your current home. We recognize the level of service that the mobile consumer demands. You have information. You have dreams. We possess experience, integrity, and innovation. Together we create leverage to make your dreams a reality.
If there are times when you wonder why you live in a neighborhood full
"Rick was a terrific agent. He had actually helped sell my parents’ home, as well. I feel lucky to have had him help me with my first home purchase. He was always friendly and helpful and ready to answer questions, and very patient with me in trying to find something I would be happy with. It's obvious as well that he knows a great deal about home construction and about properties around the Oklahoma metro area. It was a great feeling to be able to have someone I could depend on for that. If you need an agent in OKC he's your guy!"